study for advanced diploma?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
michelle123

study for advanced diploma?

Post by michelle123 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi,
I am not sure if its worth getting advanced diploma. I am not wanting to study for bachelor but want to improve my qualifications.
Is it worth doing and whats it all about.
Are there more positions with this qualification?
Just wanting more information and thought you could help.

Lorina

Re: study for advanced diploma?

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:15 am

Hi Michelle,

The Advance Diploma is a qualification usually gained if you want to step up into a managing role of a service. So, an advance diploma will help you gain a directors position or a supervisory role within a childcare centre. However, in my opinion even though an advance diploma is for a managing role you have much more opportunity getting a higher position with a bachelor degree instead. A degree is what centre's are looking for and nowadays directors have degrees over advance diplomas. I'm not saying you wont find a supervisory job with an advance diploma I just feel that you have a better chance with a degree instead. If you are thinking of studying you might as well do a degree rather than an advance diploma...

Here is some information on advance diploma course:

http://www.holmesglen.edu.au/programs/e ... s_services

There are so many available courses online so if you were going to do this course there are plenty of options available.

Hopefully I;ve given you something to think about,

:geek:,
L.A

michelle123

Post by michelle123 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 am

Thankyou for your reply. I just don't want to study for 6 years part time that's all. I have a lot on my plate with the kids etc...that I thought just stepping up my qualifications would be enough, study for approx 1 year. I will have to do research and see what other courses I can do that isn't bachelor but to upgrade my qualifications. Bachelor isn't for me but thankyou for your help, I do appreciate it.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:52 pm

No point doing an adv diploma. It's being phased out.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:47 am

fchaudari76 wrote:No point doing an adv diploma. It's being phased out.
Thanks! Wasn't aware of that! A lot of advance diploma courses still available so wouldn't be able to tell.

:geek:,
L.A