Struggling with time and need support/buddy

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Studynut

Struggling with time and need support/buddy

Post by Studynut » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:20 pm

I am struggling with my Diploma. Not that the material is difficult, but more of a time factor. I am studying externally and although it sounds like a wonderful flexible option, I am finding I am not pushing through as quickly as I would like between work and family commitments. I am about to submit my assignments for CHCFC502A - my first subject completed! I am too embarassed to admit how many months it has taken me to get to this point.

I am looking for someone who may be in a similar spot to me for moral support. I am a parent of 3 and child care professional and would like to be able to buddy up with someone (similar to when you start out on a weight loss program) to check in on each other once a week to check on progress, encourage each other etc.

If I have posted in the wrong section, please let me know :)

Joanne67

Re: Struggling with time and need support/buddy

Post by Joanne67 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:22 am

Hi there, I have just started out studying my diploma I work full-time and have two children as well. I understand where your coming from trying to find the time to study is difficult. I am happy to be your support buddy my email address is {email address deleted}

I hope I am allowed to put my email address on here

Cheers,

Joanne
Last edited by admin on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Email address deleted to prevent spam

Studynut

Post by Studynut » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Thank you Joanne! I will message you as soon as I make my 3 posts to unlock this feature.

shell3

Post by shell3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Studynut, I know where you are at.
I am doing my Diploma online and unlike when i did my cert III i am struggling with the motivation at times to buckle down and get assignments done.
Working, family, me time etc all take their toll and then when I have time for study I still get easily distracted. I have submitted a few assignments since March but am way behind the targets I set for myself let alone the study guide recommendations :(
Would be happy to chat and whinge, moan and motivate each other :)