Scenario: Leo - Animal Circus

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
judy88
Participator
Participator

Scenario: Leo - Animal Circus

Post by judy88 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Leo (4.9yrs) made an animal circus house today. He carefully combined lots of different materials to build his structure. I asked him to tell me about what he had made and this is what he said: “I made a new house for the animals ‘cause they didn’t like their house any more. It’s call a animal circus house so they can play and make rockets and watch movies if they want to.” Leo pointed out the features of the ACH. ‘This is the big screen TV’ – pointing to the timber arched with the coloured perspex inserts. They can watch the footy and the cartoons. And this is where they can make rockets and (points to the cylinder with the purple paper on top) and this is where they can sleep. See these stones, they’re not really stones they’re the beds and some of them are the food ‘cause they get hungry. Some animals are in this fence because they were bad and they can’t run away.’ Leo has given quite a detailed description of his creation. I asked for some more detail. ‘What’s that purple part on the top of the rocket?’ ‘Oh, that’s the metal and the flames, rockets get very, very hot you know.’ ‘What are these?’ I point to the coloured stones. ‘They are special magic food that the animals saved so that can eat them and be magic.’ ‘What sort of magic?’ ‘They can be invisible and they can fly faster than the rocket if they want to. ‘ ‘Wow, that’s incredible. I’d love to be able to fly like that!’ ‘Yeah me too, we need to get some magic first but. I think the animals are going to the movies now. See you later Brooke!’ Leo ran off to the block area. Imagine – all of that wonderful imagination!
Review/Interpretation Future Provisions: Where to Next?
Box of Unusual Materials -List five items that could be used

MaryFairy

Re: Hi,guys would you please help me?

Post by MaryFairy » Thu May 26, 2016 2:33 pm

List 5 items that could be used:

Maybe think about materials that would spark Leos interests and strengths, referring to the narrative. Things he may be able to create from his imagination, different textures and materials, different to what he was using, to extend on his circus house. eg. springs, wool roving....
Hope this helps :-)

MaryFairy

Post by MaryFairy » Thu May 26, 2016 2:34 pm

oops just realised your post was 2 months ago! never mind..... :giggle:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri May 27, 2016 7:44 pm

MaryFairy wrote:List 5 items that could be used:

Maybe think about materials that would spark Leos interests and strengths, referring to the narrative. Things he may be able to create from his imagination, different textures and materials, different to what he was using, to extend on his circus house. eg. springs, wool roving....
Hope this helps :-)
Even though it is an older post.. I appreciate you taking the time to answer! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina

cave

Re: Scenario: Leo - Animal Circus

Post by cave » Sat May 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Im stuck on the question complete an interpretation of the narrative, detailing Liams development, Knowledge, skills and understandings as evidenced in the Narrative.

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Leo - Animal Circus

Post by Lorina » Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Interpretation basically means how you would describe Liam's understanding and developments etc. based on the narrative. You could use the EYLF outcomes to help you with this:

Children Achieving Outcomes

So, you can pick an outcome that you think Liam has achieved through the Narrative and then provide evidence from the narrative to back up why you chose the learning outcome.

For example:

Liam contributes his ideas and experiences in play, small and large group discussions (5.1). This is evident when he describes what he is making:

judy88 wrote:QR_BBPOST “I made a new house for the animals ‘cause they didn’t like their house any more. It’s call a animal circus house so they can play and make rockets and watch movies if they want to.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina