RPL COMPLETED BUT NOT RECOGNISED

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
grinzo59

RPL COMPLETED BUT NOT RECOGNISED

Post by grinzo59 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi there,
My daughter completed her Cert 111 2 years ago, then was asked to complete her diploma by her work, but they wanted her to do it through a different company to the one she completed her Cert 111. She works full time as well. She signed up in August 2014, didn't get her RPL's and assignments until October, was told she had to finish her RPL's by December, which she did by November. She was told she passed them all and then a couple of weeks later was told even though they were fine, there was a problem with the questions asked (the company was audited) and that she had to do it all again. The next lot of questions which she got on christmas eve most of them have been taken from the Cert 111 final assessments and are really hard, she has until February to do them (she is also going away for a week). She is very upset as it is though she is doing her Cert 111 all over again. She has also finished one assignment for her diploma and passed.

Lorina

Re: RPL COMPLETED BUT NOT RECOGNISED

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:03 am

Each course provider that offer qualifications use different methods of delivering the same unit. Some providers use a case scenario while other want a research task done. No matter what it is, the unit number and module stay the to same and the only thing that changes are the assignment questions. So I'm not too sure why that the course provider once all the units redone because of the questions. Even if the provider was audited that is not your daughters fault... You should ring the past company your daughter used to complete her cert 3 and ask them that your daughter isn't able to get recognition for her previous study with them. You should also contact the current provider for her Diploma and find out what the problem is. speak to the head teacher of the diploma department and get this issue sorted. Your daughter should not have to complete or redo assignments again because of the fault of the past provider. Also, if she is currently completing the Diploma of Early Childhood Of Education and Care Services then she doesn't really need to redo her cert 3. This qualification has cert 3 units within in so even if you haven't completed a cert 3 you can still do this Diploma. The only issue that I can think of that since your daughter completed her qualification a couple years back it may be different to the current requirements. Even though, when you RPL you don't have to solely base it on your previous qualification, you mentioned she works full time as well. Then she can also use her knowledge and her experience to RPL units within the Diploma...

Hopefully you can figure out what's happening and try and get some answers as to why they can't accept her RPL...

Tell your daughter not to worry, chin up and we're here to help and support her through if she wants!

Nice to see another concerned mum in the forum trying to help their daughter! :thumbup:

:geek:,
L.A

grinzo59

Post by grinzo59 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 am

Thank you for your reply. Both providers are on holidays at the moment, so we are going to go through what new RPL questions we have to do and see how we go, we are going away on holidays next week and when we come back we will ring the old course provider and the new one and see what we can work out. It is so unfair as she worked so hard on the RPL's and to be told they had to be done again is criminal. There is also another lady at her work who is going through the same thing and is also very upset.

burgerbunz
Participator
Participator

Post by burgerbunz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:25 pm

I did a Cert III about 7 years ago- it wasn't through a Registered Training Organisation. I was young, had no idea, just signed up on the internet. I didn't realise what was going on until I tried to get a job, and stated I had done 'that' course. I had no idea then that RTO's existed, and to look for the Australian Qualifications Framework logo on the page. Now, being older and wiser, I can't believe places like that existed (that company no longer exists!)- seeing it was only a couple of years ago- was is a registered training organisation? There was a thing on TV not that long ago, stating childcare centres are 'blacklisting' certain organisations who offer Cert III's- could it be that this was one of those--I have tried to find these lists- but no where lists them (obvious really why they don't).

I hope you get it sorted- it's horrid :(

Amanda