Resources for Childrens diploma

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
annejo
Participator
Participator

Resources for Childrens diploma

Post by annejo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi I am looking for some good textbook resources to help me with my diploma. Can anyone out there recomend a list of good textbook resources that can guide me in doing my diploma. Would be most grateful for any input.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Resources for Childrens diploma

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:06 pm

These were the recommended texts for me during my Diploma & I would say they would cover pretty much everything for the Diploma

Birth to big school by Kearns & Austin ISBN 9781442511415 (Pearson Australia)

The big picture by Kearns & Austin ISBN 9781442514270 (Pearson Australia)

Frameworks for Learning and Development by Kearns & Austin ISBN 9781442514287 (Pearson Australia)

The business of childcare by Kearns & Austin ISBN 9781442514294 (Pearson Australia)

If you want to get extra books there are many that may appeal a good place to trawl is fishpond.com.au as you get some good deals on books and they have an excellent range

annejo
Participator
Participator

Post by annejo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 am

Most grateful for the advice and the website. I have looked at the first 2 books u have listed and they seem quiet good. I will investigate the other suggestions. Once again thank you for your assistance.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:05 am

The 1st two are recommended just for your Cert III so for the Diploma I would expect you to get all four really.
I didnt really use any of my books for my entire study but I have 15 years experience and had a Montessori Diploma + as I RPLed most of my study it wasn't so assignment & research based.
Even if you do not end up using the books much it is always good to have them, you never know when you may need to look up something in the future.