Question - Cost of Diploma?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Misse84
Helper
Helper

Question - Cost of Diploma?

Post by Misse84 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi ,

I just started a traineeship at a private centre. I want to do my Diploma right after I finish and my TAFE teacher said if I enrol within three months of completing my Certificate I do not pay for my Diploma. But I want to work for a council run Kindergarten as I think the conditions would be better. So if I go to another centre will my Diploma still be free ? sorry if that does not make any sense.

Lorina

Re: Question :)

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi Elli,

Congratulations on your traineeship :)...

I know that Tafe (through the Australian Government) are offering free Diploma courses in childcare but I don't know what the terms and conditions are (such as enrolling 3 months before completing your certificate 3). I assumed that the Diploma course if FREE whether you enroll straight after you complete your certificate 3 or later...

Also just to let you know, I'm pretty sure that you can do a diploma traineeship if you wanted too...

Sorry if I wasn't much help but I'll find out for you,

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:26 pm

I enrolled in my Diploma pretty quickly after finishing my Cert III

The Diploma is not free, you pay a subsidised fee ... so pretty much around $40/unit

As far as I am aware this is the case with all TAFE Dip in Children's Services as they are receiving Govt funding

If you RPL any units THAT is free ... no charge as no materials etc

I RPLed 14 units and didn't pay a cent and have 4 units left which I am doing at $40 / unit so v. reasonable indeed

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Hey guys,

Half-way through the week..Hope you are not working too hard :lol:

hi Elli: A colleague of mine enrolled in the Diploma of Children's Services course at TAFE and only had to pay the administration cost of about $68 on Monday.

hey FeFe: Could it be $40 per unit because you did it in QLD? I wonder if it's different between NSW and QLD though your doing it through TAFE...

Either way you all are paying much less than I did...I had to pay freaking $4000 when I did my Diploma years ago... :oops:

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 pm

I don't know if its a QLD thing or what, it is so confusing when each State does something different ... all I know is that Diplomas are Govt funded here and u just pay for materials which is $40

Wonder if an adv. diploma is expensive?

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Re: Question - Cost of Diploma?

Post by Misse84 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Sorry for the very late reply ! thank you everyone