Practicum Record Book

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Practicum Record Book

Post by Macoola » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 am

Hello I just wanted to ask if it is standard and if everyone has had to complete a 'Student Practicum Record Book' for their diploma?

I am particularly interested in Tafe students if they have had to do this?

The booklet is 85 pages long and has a section for each module where you must give specific practical examples of things. For example: "Student regularly reviews care routiens with others. Student reviews routiens with others in the service. Record 3 examples.' (each module has about 30-35 specific points like this example)

I don't mind having to complete this booklet it is just the way it is written it sounds like your teacher or trainer is supossed to fill it out, but because I am doing my diploma online and my teacher is in Brisbane she says I must fill it all out myself and it adds such a huge workload to what I already have.

Thank you

Macoola

Lorina

Re: Practicum Record Book

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:02 am

I remember doing this however I wasn't studying at TAFE. When my assessor came out to assess me at my work place she will ask me questions or observe me from what it says in the booklet and I'll answer them or if she notices I'm doing it then she would just mark it off. My supervisor also did the same thing and signed off on it. I never had to fill it out myself. I agree, that is going to be a lot of work!!

:geek:,
L.A

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Practicum Record Book

Post by Macoola » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Thank you for your reply L.A I am going to talk to my teacher again about it and try and figure somthing out.

Macoola