Planning for all areas of development

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
vhat

Planning for all areas of development

Post by vhat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 am

Hi guys!

I've been working in the industry for quite a long time now, and i'm a couple of weeks off (finally) finishing my diploma :party:

Does anyone else go blank when asked to plan an experience for a specific area of development? Unless I remember other things from other centres, I usually end up thinking of things I've already done, which is OK I guess for different groups of children but I dont usually like doing the same thing in a row too often or else they get bored.

I mean to say that my question is, is there a website you can go to that has planning ideas?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Planning for all areas of development

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Sparkle, we all sometimes need some help with ideas! lol
Just do searches for eg Fine motor skill activities, social activities ...for whatever age group and you will find a ton of resources.
I’ve been doing this for 15 years and sometimes you do rotate what you have done before and that is fine.
A good place to get ideas is blogs ... there are a heap of mums and EC educators who blog about what they do etc and some have some great ideas that you can use.
The Craft Cow is a great site for craft ideas.

Lorina

Re: Planning for all areas of development

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:45 am

You can even find developmental activities in this site itself. here is the link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/c ... _games.php