Online Or Weekend Diploma

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
ucannotreach

Online Or Weekend Diploma

Post by ucannotreach » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi All,

I am looking for a government funded online diploma place in Sydney. I recently moved to Sydney and I am working with a job agency and getting shift almost everyday. So I dont have time to go to the school and study. That is why I want to do my Diploma online or on weekend. If anyone know any such place please do advice. Its been 2 months I am looking for a good and cheap place to start my study.

Thanks,
Dee

Lorina

Re: Online Or Weekend Diploma

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:50 am

Hi Dee,

Have you tried distance learning or online course through TAFE? This will most probably be government funded...

:geek:,
L.A

ucannotreach

Post by ucannotreach » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi L.A,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did try at TAFE distance learning . But they are booked for this session.

Could you please suggest any good online Institute from where I can do my Diploma in Children Service. It does not really has to government funded.

Thanks,
Dee

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:16 am

Hi Dee,

There are so many courses available that it's really hard to pin point which exactly is the best institute to go for... I'm not going to be much help as I completed my studies over 8 years ago and I'm sure a lot has changed since then... No matter where you go you will probably find they are all similar and as long as they are nationally recognized, you're good to go. Gowrie seems to be very reputable:

http://www.gowrievictoria.org.au/Traini ... vices.aspx

Here is a list of other institutes offering the Diploma qualification online:

Online Course Diploma Of Children's Services

When checking out each institute the first thing I'd look for is cost. Some of these places are offering this course are very expensive. I checked out Good Start at it's $4,500 for the total cost! You will also need to check how often they offer student support, how work placement is supported, if Fee Help is available, etc.

No matter where you end up doing the course most of them are very similar to one another... The only differences would be how the assessments are layed out and worded...

Good Luck!

:geek:,
L.A

ucannotreach

Post by ucannotreach » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks heaps L.A for your quick replies and advice. :kiss:

I talked to lots of Institute including Open Colleges. As you said they all are very similar to one another. So, I realised Fee and Work placement hours are the main concern, as you also mentioned.
I found Australian Child Care Career the best of all. Their fees is around 4k, which looks quiet ok. And I'll have to complete 120 hours of work placement. Some of the Institutes were asking 360 hours of unpaid work-placement :silent: .

I hope I'm making the right choice. :?

Readers, please advice if any of you any experience with Australian Child Care Career Options. :think:

Thanks,
Dee