new here---need advice about doing diploma online

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
michellewm

new here---need advice about doing diploma online

Post by michellewm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:33 pm

hi all
I have finished my c3 last Dec and am wanting to do a diploma ASAP very much.
My situation is a little bit tricky.
I've got 2 children so I can't afford doing the course full time and TAS tafe don't have online courses.
So I searched for online courses but most of them are so expensive. I was told that I cant get VET-FEE help as I am a PR not Citizen.
My question is, is there a way that I can do my diploma cheaply? I have tried SA tafe and NSW tafe and was told the same thing-- I have to pay for it:( TAS TAFE is free for me but I can't go to classroom 5 days a week. Too much for me.
Plz help me :(

michellewm

Re: new here---need advice about doing diploma online

Post by michellewm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Inspire offered me the old diploma for $1600 would it be cheaper if I do the old diploma through them first and then do a bridging course?

Lorina

Re: new here---need advice about doing diploma online

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:03 am

I did a quick search and the bridging course is around $2,500 itself. Doing the course is going to be expensive no matter where you go because you will need to pay full fees. Maybe become an Australian citizen so you can get other benefits...:giggle: If TAFE is offering free course then it's best to go with them. If you cant do it right now, wait or work out if you can do it part time etc. Why pay thousands of dollars if you can do it free??

:geek:,
L.A