Linking components of national quality framework.

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
min74g

Linking components of national quality framework.

Post by min74g » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi everyone, I am studying my diploma and keep hearing my tutor and colleagues talking about how the regulations, standards and EYLF are linked to each other. I can't get my head around how and am having trouble getting the whole concept of the national quality framework. Does anyone have tips for me on how to get my brain to understand this stuff. I am just getting confused with all the different quality areas, standards, principles, practices, outcomes and elements. Where do I start to try and learn this stuff. I am feeling totally overwhelmed by it. Thanks in advance.

Lorina

Re: Linking components of national quality framework.

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi Min,

Yes it can be very confusing trying to understand all this information. It's really a lot to take in all at once. I think the best way to completely understand it is to break it down into different areas. First read up on the EYLF, then the NQS and finally the Regulations. Then once you have gathered your understanding in these areas you can begin to understand how they all link together.

I am also providing you with the following document:

Guide to NQS

It provides information on each quality standard, how the regulations connect to each area as well the EYLF. This may also help with your understanding.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

min74g

Re: Linking components of national quality framework.

Post by min74g » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank you for your help Lorina, I will go ahead and work on one at a time. I guess that while doing the diploma, you need to be addressing each one quite often, so it is making it confusing for me. Like you suggest, understanding each one separately will hopefully help me to eventually put it all together. Thanks for your time. :)