Job Search During Diploma Studying

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
sarahdemou

Job Search During Diploma Studying

Post by sarahdemou » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:23 am

Hey guys I have some questions I'm hoping use could help me with because honestly my provider has just been really unhelpful.

Ok so I'm studying the diploma of early childhood from home I'm 1 month in and I know it's full time but I'm also looking for a job.
I've noticed a lot of the girls studying the diploma are working in child centers this would be really helpful with my assessment questions!

I was wondering do they already have qualifications?

Is it possible for me to work at a child center even though I'm still studying ?

And if so
How should I go about applying!
Thank you in advance
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Job Search During Diploma Studying

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:19 am

Yes, working while studying is really helpful because you get expereince and you can also increase your knowledge and skills. From what I understand yes, you can work in a centre while studying according to ACECQA:
A person who meets requirements 1 to 4 below may be counted as a certificate III qualified educator. They must also give the approved provider documentary evidence from their course provider that they meet requirements 2 to 4.

A person who meets all five requirements below may be counted as a diploma qualified educator. They must give the approved provider documentary evidence from their course provider that they meet requirements 2 to 5.

The requirements for actively working towards an approved qualification are:
being enrolled in a course for the qualification
having commenced the course
making satisfactory progress towards completion
meeting the requirements to maintain enrolment
holding an approved certificate III qualification OR having completed the approved certificate III units OR having completed 30% of the units in an approved ECT qualification.
Ref: Approved Qualifation

You can also try and get some casual work at a centre as well. Just go to your local childcare centres, give them your resume and tell them that you're interested in any causal work that may become available...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Dyanne

Post by Dyanne » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:46 am

Hi girls,

Just wondering if you did end up getting paid employment whilst studying, does this also count as hours for placement too?
Hope that makes sense lol.

Regards,
Dyanne. :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:17 am

Dyanne wrote:Hi girls,

Just wondering if you did end up getting paid employment whilst studying, does this also count as hours for placement too?
Hope that makes sense lol.

Regards,
Dyanne. :)
Hi Dyanne,

I think depends on the centre director. During work placement if you are required to tasks and assignments and you are working full time it may be a concern to do your work placement tasks during your working hours. This is because as a student, work placement is volunteer work to gather experience and skills... So, instead using your centre where you work, you complete your assignment and tasks outside work hours... Once again, it's best to discuss this with the centre director because it's really up to their discretion...

:geek:,
Lorina