Is there any point in having an Advanced Diploma?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!

Why did you do your advanced diploma?

the pay rise
No votes
the knowledge
No votes
my boss asked me to
No votes
other
No votes

Total votes: 0

tinkataylor
Participator
Participator

Is there any point in having an Advanced Diploma?

Post by tinkataylor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has their advanced diploma, how long it took them to complete it, and whether they think its worth it (the extra study for the pay rise or knowledge)
Is it only worthwhile if your planning on becoming the assistant director or director?

Thanks!
Tay

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Is there any point in having an Advanced Diploma?

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:23 pm

I have not done mine as I went from Diploma to a Degree but a Adv Diploma is only useful if you are wanting to eventually be a Director.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Is there any point in having an Advanced Diploma?

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I haven't done my advance diploma but like fefe said it is mainly for management position such as a directors role. Most of the modules are about being a director and running a centre. Since centres require an ECT, also I found that there are quite a few centres that now employ ECT's as directors, so I don't know if there is a point doing an advance diploma if the position of a director is more likely to go to a degree qualification rather than an advance diploma qualification.