Is the Diploma in Aus. standardised?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Is the Diploma in Aus. standardised?

Post by dulciean » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Hello All!
I have a quick question- I regularly scan through the diploma assessment questions and it has got me to thinking- is the Diploma one and the same regardless of the training provider? ie- through TAFE or an independent trainer? I am only afew modules in ( they seem to arrive in a random order) but dont recognise many assessments-some sound quite juicey and interesting! Not sure if I have a complete list of the modules somewhere in my messy desk- there are 18 modules, correct? does someone have a list-and is there a preferred order to study them in? :wave:

Lorina

Re: Is the Diploma in Aus. standardised?

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Hey Dulciean,

AS far as I am aware the Diploma of Children's Services should be the same everywhere. Regardless of wether you are doing it at TAFE or through a private institute. The only difference would probably be if you are living in a different state but then again I'm not too sure.

Sorry I wasn't much help!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Interesting as I have wondered this with the variety of questions we get on here.

Also my work has their own college of early childhood education and talking to one of the GLs doing her Diploma she said they are getting rid of all the programming units :O as they are too hard !!!

hmmmm

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Programming units too hard??? :wtf:

I'm very surprised if they are removing these units because they are too hard! As a GL you need to know how to implement programs and be able to understand them... I think some Diploma courses might be changing the units to fit into the new NQS... C'mon if someone can't understand how to program well then they shouldn't be a GL!!!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Yep that is what I thought. I think they are just trying to make it easier for their staff to get their DIplomas as they have not got enough qualified GLs
I think its a terrible idea