Inspire Education or Open Colleges

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
molpost
Participator
Participator

Inspire Education or Open Colleges

Post by molpost » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Everyone!
I'm really excited to be starting studying my diploma in education and care soon!
I was wondering if there is anyone who is enrolled in Inspire Education or Open Colleges and what your experience is / was.
I'm in doubt between the two and very curious about any problems/ good news stories!

Lorina

Re: Inspire Education or Open Colleges

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Here is a users comments back in 2012 on Inspire...

Studying Through Inspire

That was 4 years ago so hopefully this has changed...

:geek:,
Lorina

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rencia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi, I am studying a Diploma with Inspire education. I have started in October last year and have only 3 more units to go. I find them really good so far. They have a great student forum portal where you can get lots of help. They answer all your questions usually within 24h (Monday to friday). They have many webena for each unit, they are responding to all messages very fast. I am finding them really good. Also friend of my was studying with them and she was very happy.

I wanted to go with Open colleges but I found many negative opinions.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Rencia wrote:Hi, I am studying a Diploma with Inspire education. I have started in October last year and have only 3 more units to go. I find them really good so far. They have a great student forum portal where you can get lots of help. They answer all your questions usually within 24h (Monday to friday). They have many webena for each unit, they are responding to all messages very fast. I am finding them really good. Also friend of my was studying with them and she was very happy.

I wanted to go with Open colleges but I found many negative opinions.
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Appreciate it! :thumbup:

Lorina

molpost
Participator
Participator

Post by molpost » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Thank you! I have found Inspire Education very good also!

Annie28

Post by Annie28 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:21 am

You made the right choice! I'm now kicking myself for not doing more research.
Although their content is great, one big downfall is that they do not send someone out to assess you when doing your prac.
Instead, you need to provide 'evidence' in the form of copious photos and videos which of course are hard to come by due to privacy issues.
Then there is loaaads of paperwork for your workplace supervisor to sign which annoyed my workplace so much they called my training provider to make a complaint.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Annie28 wrote:You made the right choice! I'm now kicking myself for not doing more research.
Although their content is great, one big downfall is that they do not send someone out to assess you when doing your prac.
Instead, you need to provide 'evidence' in the form of copious photos and videos which of course are hard to come by due to privacy issues.
Then there is loaaads of paperwork for your workplace supervisor to sign which annoyed my workplace so much they called my training provider to make a complaint.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Lorina