I think I've done it!

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

I think I've done it!

Post by dulciean » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Just dropping in to quietly announce- I sent my last Diploma module off in the post last week!
18+ months of studying - in between working full time, raising two children, planning and having my wedding, and umpteen other commitments I try to juggle. Feeling pretty proud, but a bit of trepidation as the last module was on Regulations and it was a doozy!
Can't believe I just might have done this!

Lorina

Re: I think I've done it!

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Congratulations Dulciean! That's Fantastic! What a busy 18 months you have had!!

Your study is complete for now and you should be breathing a big sign of relief! What a great accomplishment!!

Awesome! :clap:

Since you have competed your Diploma are you moving onto the degree?

:geek:,
L.A

law92
Helper
Helper

Post by law92 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:28 am

Wow congratulations! It must be such a great feeling to finally be finished it. I can't wait until I finish my diploma ill be halfway through in December. Let us know if your going on to do your degree :)

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 am

It hasn't really sunk in yet that I have actually completed the Diploma
After so long of thinking " I have to to that assignment/ assessment....only this many to go" and of having my weekends swallowed up by study- it may take a while to adjust. Plus- I am waiting to hold my Diploma in my hands to really feel the reality!
I very much want to go on to do my degree- the Bachelor of Teaching through UNE. but I think a break may be in order- I need to spend some time with my children and husband! :D

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Congrats Ducliean - enjoy a little break, but I would recommend doing your degree after not too long a break. You have got yourself in the 'mode' of assignments, referencing etc and these will come in really handy in giving you a head start on your degree. I did my teaching degree after doing my cert III and looove teaching. Congratulation yourself for finishing your diploma first though. We can all have a 'virtual' wine with you to toast your completion :)

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JNP » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 pm

That's fantastic Ducliean, it must be such a relief to have it all done. I will certainly have a 'virtual' wine to toast the completion of your diploma. You should be really proud of yourself. I can't wait to finish mine, I have one more unit to do, its a creative unit.... I'm a bit behind with some of the other homework (namely observations and planning) but hope to finish before the end of the year....
Congratulations
Luv Jules..

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:16 am

Congratulations Ducliean what exciting news. And what a relief well done.

Macoola