How long did you take to do your diploma?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
megs_95
Helper
Helper

How long did you take to do your diploma?

Post by megs_95 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:12 am

I'll be finished my cert III traineeship this month, which I did over the full year. I'm going to follow with my diploma but I don't want to take so long with it. How long did it take you to do yours/what is manageable while working full time?

Lorina

Re: How long did you take to do your diploma?

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Megs,

Back in the day, I also started off with my traineeship which took me a full year to complete. When I decided to do my Diploma I did it through correspondence as it enabled me to work through it at my own pace. I was working full time when I started the Diploma however realised it was difficult to manage work and study at the same time. I decided to take some time off work and was able to complete my Diploma within 3 months including work placement. I made the sacrifice to stop work and complete it as I felt I would be provided better job opportunities once I had completed the Diploma sooner rather than spend a year trying to complete it....

It really depends on you, your circumstances and how much study time you able to put in...

:geek:,
L.A