Goodstart Training college

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
rocknrolla

Goodstart Training college

Post by rocknrolla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi, Is anyone out there studying through 'Goodstart training college'?? and how do you find it?? I work for Goodstart and signed up for my Diploma in the middle of 2011 it took a while for my enrollment to go through, then i had to do some bridging courses before i begun my Dip, then it turned out i "wasn't enrolled properly" so byt the time i re-enrolled and that went through there goes another few months, then i start i finally get started on it, then they change the format! so, guess what?! yep, i had to re-enroll again for the new format! so that basically brings us to mid 2012 and i have done NOTHING!! not to mention the fact i hardly get my study time that i am entiteled to each month-due to being understaffed etc.
I just have no motivation for it now, there is so much work and everything seems crptic, you never quite know what they want from you. I want my Dip but i cant get motivated to do it, i want to drop out but im pretty sure i have to pay and i cant afford to,thats the whole reason i was doing it through them. i'm lost at what to do and am trying to find my motivation.
If anyone else studies though them, have you had the same problems??

Sorry for the rant,

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Re: Goodstart Training college

Post by Misse84 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Sorry you are experiencing this. When I finished my certificate and enrolled for my diploma as a trainee , they took ages and then when I called they said I was not enrolled.It was all complicated and at the end I just did not feel like it anymore Hope it works out for you x

rocknrolla

Post by rocknrolla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 pm

I wish I just didn't re-enroll after the first time, I feel like I'm in too deep now to get out especially without having to pay.
Thanks x

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Post by Misse84 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:33 pm

So your center has to give you study time ? Understaffed or not,you are entitled to it and your director has to ensure that.

Talk to your provider again,they have to support you since you are paying.

rocknrolla

Post by rocknrolla » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 am

yes, 12 hours a month, so one full day then other day of 4 hours. Ive been getting it all cramed in the last few weks as it's been quiet, but im still not getting far as i have no motivation.
I'm not paying for it as im an employee but i, pretty sure if i drop out or if i were to leave then i have to pay :?

ozchez
Participator
Participator

Post by ozchez » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 pm

I am also an employee of goodstart and completed my certificate 3 through what was once called NIECE before they changed it to Goodstart Training College. I am now almost finished my diploma through them but I have so many hiccups along the way including not getting study time. I havent had the enrolments problems but I have had the problem with not getting the study time allocated. I had been very strict with keeping my own details of my study times as well as with the copy at work so that way there cannot be any problems with work or the training college saying that I have had the study time when I havent. The only other problem I have had is trying to contact the trainer when needing information. They either dont reply back or a new trainer is assigned and then have to inform them of what I need. The one benefit of studying through goodstart is that I dont have to pay.

debzo
Participator
Participator

Post by debzo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:05 am

Sorry you're having so much difficulty. It sucks, because studying while you're working full-time is really difficult anyway. To anyone else reading this I would steer clear of Goodstarts' training because I know of girls who have signed up for it and literally can't leave Goodstart because of the $1,000s they would have to pay back in study costs. To top it all off we shouldn't even be discussing this because it goes against our code of conduct :silent:

rocknrolla

Post by rocknrolla » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 pm

i really dont want to study through them anymore and want to leave al together but im scared at what it will cost even though i have not submitted anything yet!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:10 pm

FInd out. You can return study materials and if you have only enrolled for one or two units and they insist on you paying you just have them deduct it from your wages a small amount at a time, rather than as a lump sum if that suits you.
Just because you work for them do not feel you HAVE to study through them.
I would leave and go with TAFE.
I guess it all depends on how far down the line you are with them, call them up and find out and see what options are open to you then.

rocknrolla

Post by rocknrolla » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Just sent the email off to un-enrol, lets see what happens now!! now i just need to find somewhere else to staudy thats not going to cost an arm and a leg :-/

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 pm

I just got a call from a training place saying that the diploma is now free as an incentive to get more ppl to upgrade their quals.
Call up TAFE and find out

rocknrolla

Post by rocknrolla » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:38 am

fefe76 wrote:I just got a call from a training place saying that the diploma is now free as an incentive to get more ppl to upgrade their quals.
Really?? Hopefully it's the same in Melbourne!

rosie.
Participator
Participator

Post by rosie. » Mon May 20, 2013 2:44 pm

fefe76 wrote:I just got a call from a training place saying that the diploma is now free as an incentive to get more ppl to upgrade their quals.

Fefe, do you remember which training place it was please?

law92
Helper
Helper

Post by law92 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi I think what fefe means is that the tuition costs of the diploma are free currently through TAFE in Qld, so you only pay material costs. So instead of paying $2,500 it's only about $200 for the whole diploma.
I've just enrolled in my diploma through TAFE and its only $10.50 per unit, then you just pay for the textbooks. I'm doing it online so I can start straight away and don't have to wait for them to send me the books in the mail, but you also have the option to do it by distance education where they send you the course materials in print in the mail instead. They have a really easy online enrolment procedure or if you have a credit card you can enrol over the phone. I would definitely recommend going through BNIT for your diploma in Qld. Hope this helps

hope
Participator
Participator

Post by hope » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:43 am

I know what you mean all the girls at my centre have had it ring or email trainer get no help last time asked question told look on the net for the answer not what they say it is there is no support

Cor26

Post by Cor26 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 am

I had alot of issues training through them. My first trainer was wonderful but she got promoted so I had different new ones and they were... in blunt terms... useless.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:19 am

Cor26 wrote:I had alot of issues training through them. My first trainer was wonderful but she got promoted so I had different new ones and they were... in blunt terms... useless.

Sorry to hear you didn't have great support with your qualification... Just a quick question, were you employed at a GoodStart centre while studying? Did you have to continue working with GoodStart once you completed your qualification?

:geek:,
L.A

sonia.v

Post by sonia.v » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 pm

I will never ever enroll with good start training college again with the hell of been through with them