good start vs stepping stones etc

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
kazalex1

good start vs stepping stones etc

Post by kazalex1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:35 pm

i am fully qualified and the place i work for does not offer permanent part time,only casual.
so i am looking to get into a child care centre.
can someone offer me advice on the big named companies, someone says that good start early learning offers perm/part time.
thanks heaps,karen

ps. if they are okay to work for

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: good start vs stepping stones etc

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:29 am

Most places I know big name or not will offer perm part time unless you are actually a casual with no fixed hours. Personally I would look beyond the big names.
I have only ever known one centre in my nearly 10 years in Australia who did not have any perm employees apart from the Director

sasyx23

Re: good start vs stepping stones etc

Post by sasyx23 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi,
I've been working at a few centres over the years and they are all different, it depends on what you are looking for.
do you have a preferred method of your childcare.

I've worked at about 14 different goodstart's and they are all different, apart of big business is more support, a smaller one will have more of a close network.