Experience With Online/Distance Study Course Providers

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Megan66

Experience With Online/Distance Study Course Providers

Post by Megan66 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi everyone, I am about to head back to work from Maternity leave with my twins. I want to finish my Diploma this time (be my third attempt, after getting pregnant twice, and having issues with an on campus institution, not naming names today!)

Anyway, wanting to know of people's experiences studying the diploma through online distance with these providers, as these are the few I am considering
*Inspired Education
*HBA learning
*Selmar Education
I do not want to study through my workplace.
Wondering about how these providers are for support mostly, are they easy to contact, get help from etc. Or any other info that might be helpful in me deciding who to go with.
Was leaning toward inspired.
Love to hear any feedback, good or bad!
Cheers everyone, thanks for any help!!
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Experience With Online/Distance Study Course Providers

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:49 am

Hi Megan,

Twins! You must have your hands full!! I've only got one and she keeps me really busy and on my toes (just turned 2). :giggle:

Sorry can't help you with any of the above as I have had no experience with them. On deciding which one to go through find out if they have their own online portal where you can receive support from teachers and other students, how long it usually takes to get an email response from the teacher for questions, what happens if you need further support, do they have online study groups, do you need to organise your own placement, what happens if you fail a subject...

These questions can help determine which provider may suit you best...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

ChelseaF

Post by ChelseaF » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi there, just wondering which provider you ended up going with? Im considering Inspire at the moment but would like to hear feedback from someone who's actually done a course through them.

Many thanks,
Chelsea

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rencia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:50 am

Hi, I am studying via inspire education and so far I find it quite good. They are answer all the questions very fast, they give you all materials you need, and they have a good prices too. I also was confused which provider to choose but friend of mine recommend the inspire and so far I am happy with them. The assessment questions are a bit tricky but as far as I know those are the same everywhere.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Alax wrote:Hi, I am studying via inspire education and so far I find it quite good. They are answer all the questions very fast, they give you all materials you need, and they have a good prices too. I also was confused which provider to choose but friend of mine recommend the inspire and so far I am happy with them. The assessment questions are a bit tricky but as far as I know those are the same everywhere.
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your chosen course provider... It really helps out others trying to find who to study with!

:geek:,
Lorina