established and maintained an environment that is safe and healthy for children

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Sienna Haydee

established and maintained an environment that is safe and healthy for children

Post by Sienna Haydee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Dear Lorina,

I am Sienna, I am a new member here. currently I am studying Diploma and I am on my last module. I am a bit confuse about the evidence that the college ask me to provide, would you please help me to share the idea, what kind of evidence that they are expecting from me to provide, the question is below:
a. Submit one piece of evidence to demonstrate you have established and maintained an environment that is safe and healthy for children, including:
• Communicating hazards and safety issues
• Coordinating supervision of children
• Promoting and monitoring safety practices, including administration of medicines and safe handling food.
• Coordinating appropriate procedures for handling infections and illnesses, including communication with families.
• Enacting strategies to support children to take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing

b. Submit one piece of evidence to demonstrating you how you have facilitated a self-assessment process and developed a Quality Improvement Plan in one quality area within the care service
Quality Area include:
• QA 1 – Educational program & practice
• QA 2 – Related sections of the National Law and National Regulations
• QA 3 – Physical Environment
• QA 4 – Staffing Arrangements
• QA 5 – Relationship with children
• QA 6 – Collaborative partnership with families and communities
• QA 7 – Leadership and service management

Thank you in advance

Lorina

Re: established and maintained an environment that is safe and healthy for children

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:10 pm

For the first one, could it be a medication form completed by you for medicine you had to give to a child or even an illness/injury form completed by you.

For the second one - maybe you could do a form of questions/survey which you gave to Educators based on Staffing Requirements for example and using this information you came up with strategies for the QIP.

:geek:,
Lorina

Sienna Haydee

Re: established and maintained an environment that is safe and healthy for children

Post by Sienna Haydee » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:11 pm

Thank you Lorina for your help & advices, hope you have a great day