Epic Fail - Diploma level TAFE External Studies

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
azurecara

Epic Fail - Diploma level TAFE External Studies

Post by azurecara » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi All,

Allow me to share with you the exact revelation of horror that wraps up a full weekend of study madness, on top of several days of collection for my current unit.

I had enrolled in two units over the summer break - something I was keen for... why? Because when I first enrolled at MSIT, it was about as clear as mud to me how the system worked, and I mistakenly believed we handed in our units by the deadline, and then waited to get the all clear before progressing to the next unit - completely not so. As it turns out you smash it out, and hand it in, then enroll in the next one and keep going UNTIL the deadline tells you to stop... useful information that came way too late.

So I gunned for the summer school - and although overwhelmingly busy, knew I need to get a jump start on All The Rest of epic list of units before first semester begins.

Off to the side in my life? I spend two months running up to Christmas period running two rooms as a Group Leader - with catch up monthly programming to do, Christmas concerts to organise, I'm sure you can imagine. I was out of state for a following two week period, and moved house on the return weekend. Back to one room again, but still juggling a mountain of regular paperwork from work I find myself hiccuping through the last few weeks of summer break desperately trying to finish the first of the units...

Turns out I needed to ask for an extension for the second unit - which was not given due to my own 'lack of time management skills' so sayeth the tutor in condescending tones. Now, I have nothing against being told no - which is fair, a no is a no. I do have something against condescension... <miffed>

So, she allows me one extra week to smash out the second unit. I download the competency unit, I collect my research, skimmed through the readings, and spend my entire weekend formatting and typing my heart out. BAM. I get this done in plenty of time to be able to get it over to my supervisor to sign off on and submit by the deadline of tomorrow...

...when suddenly I notice that the unit I have faithfully finished - is the wrong code for the one I have enrolled in. Wait... What??!!!

Yessir. I have completed CHCIC511A. I was actually enrolled in CHCRF511A. See that? See those two little letters... CI and RF. The different between a pass and an incomplete.

I didn't even realise this until After I had accidentally sent a blank email in... and then the email with the attached unit... which bounced back due to overly large size...

You think you are having a hard time with your study? Message me. I will commiserate like no tomorrow.

Lorina

Re: Epic Fail - Diploma level TAFE External Studies

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:40 am

What a drama! It seems like you had a really crappy break!

All because of 2 letters in the module, I guess you failed your assessment...I would have screamed the house down! :silent:

I guess from here on in you will be checking and re-checking those unit numbers over and over and over again!

Sucks to hear you went through all this when you were trying to get a head start....

Don't let this little episode stop you,

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:27 pm

How annoying :(
Sorry to hear about this drama!

I would not have been happy if that happened to me

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 pm

OMG! That sucks! I feel sorry for you. Its one thing failing for not completing, but its another thing when you put in all the extra effort and it turns out to be the wrong module in the end. I never heard that one before..

Far out, one day you will look back on this and laugh.

azurecara

Post by azurecara » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:53 pm

News to hand!! I've been in to see the staff at MSIT in person and met this amazingly understanding lady, whose name escapes me, that I have a tiny bit of extra time to be able to submit the unit I was supposed to have done!!! Yay!!

And, I could enroll in the unit I had completed that day, to submit and get it marked. :) This lady was made of awesomeness!

jacquie93

Post by jacquie93 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:05 am

Same thing happened to me but somehow they let me do a few I didn't need to do :(
Felt like a lot of hard work went down the drain. I know how you feel!!

azurecara

Post by azurecara » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:39 pm

I ended up having another reality check with this course several weeks later that meant I had once again received the incorrect information.

Seriously disorganised and poor communication.

The tutor's are brilliant at their job, but overall so many changes in such a short time it appears that everyone is a little bit confused about it all. :(

jacquie93

Post by jacquie93 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Yeah its very sad because they obviously dont realize how stressful it is for students. You put your all in and then feel really happy about it only to feel like it was for nothing. When it happened to me i was so stressed that I was never going to get it done or it would take soo long. Now im doing the gap assessments and its even harder than the ones I did that ended up being incorrect clusters. :( lol