Does everyone have to have Diploma by 2016?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Barbie
Participator
Participator

Does everyone have to have Diploma by 2016?

Post by Barbie » Sat May 31, 2014 10:38 pm

My work is trying to suggest everyone has to have diploma by 2016? I know currently it is 50% should have it or be studying it.
It angers me really as the pay is so disrespectful in this industry that i feel if i am going to study something at diploma level i will do something that at least rewards me adequately.

Lorina

Re: Does everyone have to have Diploma by 2016?

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:38 am

Unfortunately the higher the qualification the more you get paid... Even for those educators who have over 10 years experience they still miss out on adequate pay if they are not qualified. With your question this is the only information I could find:
From 1 January 2014 in all states and territories

50 per cent of educators required to meet the relevant ratios in the service must have, or be actively working towards, at least an approved diploma level education and care qualification.

Ref: http://www.acecqa.gov.au/diploma-level- ... iqFXl.dpuf

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Barbie
Participator
Participator

Re: Does everyone have to have Diploma by 2016?

Post by Barbie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:20 am

Thanks I already get more than diploma educators at other centres get I get $4 more than the cert 3 award so the only incentive to do it would be if I wanted to work elsewhere and continue getting this rate but as a diploma.