Diploma online or tafe?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Diploma online or tafe?

Post by rsvnyn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi

Anyone could pls help me in the following situation!!!

I am doing my diploma through inspire education in online mode. I enrolled on August 26th 2013, and now i have completed 10 units and doing my placement. I am not working now but was working as a relief worker in a different centre after completing my cert 3.
Now, I found from my institute that there will be no work placement visit as this is a correspondence course. And, my projects and work will be marked on the basis of the workplace supervisor's comments and markings in my log book. When I told about this in my centre where i am doing my placement, they were saying that i am not really going to get a job with this qualification as i am not formally assessed in the workplace. In the meantime, one of the local tafe trainer visited the centre and told that she can provide support informally by visiting me in the centre by continuing through inspire's online course or if i wish i could join for a correspondence course in their tafe.
But, since v r assessed by our workplace supervisor, isn't that sufficient to get trained?

Any comments on dis pls???

Stealthdoze

Re: Diploma online or tafe?

Post by Stealthdoze » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:03 pm

The Diploma course you are undertaking with Inspire Education is nationally recognised going by their website. As such, I would imagine that it would qualify you for work at that level in the industry. Just give Inspire Education a call and ask if you only need to be evaluated by your workplace supervisor for the work placement component.

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:40 pm

thanks Stealthdoze, I enquired Inspire and they said they will lialise with the centre i am doing my placement in and also according to my markings in the log book and my projects.

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi

Again caught in this issue...the staff in the childcare in which i am doing my placement for Diploma are acting strange if I say I am doing Diploma through online and there is no one going to visit the centre for my work placement. This is actually discouraging and disturbing me a lot!!! Actually as previously mentioned, I am doing through Inspire education and the trainer said that although they don't visit the centre they will lialise with the centre manager and the room leaders.

Anyone can clear my mind about this plz!!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:23 am

Usually when completing a course online you will receive the assessments in which you need to complete at work placement. Even though you will not be assessed at work by a trainer from Inspire education. Typically the room leader or director will sign off on the assessments once they observe you. This method is fine as well. An assessor doesn't need to be physically there to assess you as long as they have contact with your centre to see how you're going, it should be fine! All institutes work differently so don't worry what others say!

:geek:,
L.A