Diploma giving me a headache lol!

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Angellhart
Participator
Participator

Diploma giving me a headache lol!

Post by Angellhart » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Ive been pushing myself really hard as I was very lazy with my cert 3 and took nearly the full 2 years because I had no motivation. Ive just started into my 4th month of my diploma traineeship and should be finished in about 2 weeks if I keep pushing myself. Book 2 of the clustered competencies is the worst - 210 pages of observations! I have made them all up based on things I have already done in the room but its becoming repetative especially the constant questions of"goals to improve your skills" and "reflect on your role" I just answer then same thing over and over and over argh! Ill be glad to see the end of it. Only about 20 pages till I finish that book then I have one more unti to go whivh is a book of about 20 pages so I reckon It will be done in a couple of weeks. Thank god - Im ready for a break! Im that determined to have it finished that I go to work early and study for an hour before my shift most days and study in my lunch break. Ill be lost for something to do on my break once Im done lol.

So who else is nearly finished and how long have you spent on it?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Diploma giving me a headache lol!

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:47 am

Angellhart - well done for sticking with it and getting through it so quickly. I know people doing their Diplomas and 3 years in and they have only done 2-3 units!!! Just think once you are done how good it will feel and I am sure you will enjoy just having lunch in your lunch breaks lol

I finished my Diploma in about 8 weeks but I RPLed 14 units so really only had to do 4.

I guess at the end it is not about how long it took but about getting it done and being proud of the great effort you put in and your dedication to the profession to want to do the Diploma.

Is this it for you or will you do more study after completing your Diploma?

Angellhart
Participator
Participator

Post by Angellhart » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:06 pm

When I said a couple of weeks I should have said a couple of days. I just finished and now I have no idea how to spend my lunch hour lol :D

I could have RPLd alot of units too but once I started I couldnt be bothered and just kept going. Dont know about future studies, I was able to do this as a traineeship so only a small fee and I got study at work... if I do anymore study I will have to pay and wont be able to work full time.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Congrats Angelhart
You can still work FT and study part time should you want to study further. It is hard but it is possible with more and more TAFEs and Universities doing Distance/Online learning now