Diploma Assistant

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Diploma Assistant

Post by Macoola » Mon May 26, 2014 8:12 am

Hi everyone

I have been looking at jobs as I am not too far off finishing my diploma. There are quite a few diploma assistant jobs. I assume this means working under a ECT? Does anyone have any information or has worked as a Diploma assistant before? Also do you think it would be a good position for a new graduate before I take on a GL role?

Thanks Macoola

Lorina

Re: Diploma Assistant

Post by Lorina » Tue May 27, 2014 4:17 pm

I've been having a search to see exactly what a Diploma assistant is but I can't find any information... I presume you will be working under an ECT if the position is for the preschool room. I don't think you will find many ECT's working in the toddler or babies room. The centres may be looking for more Diploma qualified educators rather than cert 3 to cover ratios etc. so you may be working alongside a diploma qualified room leader as well... Having said this since you will be qualified you should also be involved in the program and planning side of things since that's what your entitled to based on your qualification. It's a good way to get your feet wet and to see how it is to run a room and what to do etc. if you do go for an interview just ask what exactly your job role is and what you will be involved in. If they only utilise you like a cert 3 role then it's not worth it... Your responsibilities should be more than a cert 3 because you hold a diploma even if it's only an assistant role...

Hopefully this makes sense,

:geek:,
L.A

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Diploma Assistant

Post by Macoola » Tue May 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Lorina

Thanks for your reply. That info really helps, I will defiantly be wanting to help with programming and planning so if I get an interview for a Diploma Assistant I will be asking what it involves.

Thanks

Macoola