Differences in diploma fees

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
megs_95
Helper
Helper

Differences in diploma fees

Post by megs_95 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:30 pm

I just researched the RTO my company expects me to use for my study and their diploma costs $10,000! I was blown away and researched the cost for the RTO I used for my Cert III, and found their diploma is only $1500. Why the big difference? The only real difference between them I could see is that the more expensive one offered over-the-phone check ins, where the other does in person visits. But that was it!

I don't understand... why is there such a difference between organisations for the exact same course? There's no way I'm going to study with this new RTO if I have to take out a damn HECS debt for it...

Lorina

Re: Differences in diploma fees

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:45 am

$10,000 for a DIPLOMA! That's way too expensive!

The thing is, since the government announced a minimum cert 3 qualification in childcare a lot of organisations are charging through the roof fees because people without a qualification are desperate to gain one to continue working in this industry. It's really unfair and students are getting ripped off! Best bet is probably to go through TAFE... Whether the course is $10,00 or $2,000 the only difference is the assessments and questions. Modules and qualification are all exactly the same...

:geek:,
L.A