Cost of Diploma refunded through Tax System

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Cost of Diploma refunded through Tax System

Post by dulciean » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi-just dropping in to let people know that as I am employed in the Industry, I was able to claim all my course fees and text book/resource costs through my tax return minus $250. So its been the right way to go ( for me) after all as I am studying through a very small private online college, and their approach is very supportive.
Good news for those considering study options!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Cost of Diploma refunded through Tax System

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Thats good news, I am going to try and claim my Uni fees back on tax as I pay mine up front and dont have HECS and I am employed in the industry so I cannot see why I cannot claim this study.
Hopefully I can as its pretty hard paying uni fees up front + buying the texts etc

Thanks for letting everyone know as I am sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to get this news .... a few extra dollars back from mr tax man never hurts!