childrens diploma

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
phoniex

childrens diploma

Post by phoniex » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 am

phoniex: hi im doing a diplome and i am struggling with this question can you please try and help me with my question asap
the question is: An analysis of accidents and near misses over the last 12 months invloving both children and staff has revealed a disturbing pattern of possible complacency. the analysis shows :
-most accidents involving children occoured during the outdoor late afternoon play
-most injuries and near misses involving staff occoured when seting up and packing away equipment(outdoor slightly more than indoor)
-injuries to staff under 25 occoured at twice the rate as injuries to staff over 25
-falls were the most common form of injury to children
-the most common form of injury to staff was trapping fingers, dropping fingers on feet and back strain.
the director,trish must descide this issue in order to reduce accidents by 50%. Trish knows that the most effective stratergy is to engage the team in developing an action plan.

1)
-devise an action plan for trish. You will need to include:
-A. decide outcomes
b. stratergies- how to best engage the team in finding solutions
c-how to take into account existing policies and procedures
d. what to take into account in the physical environment
e.address traing needs
f-consider how to engage the older children in exploring saftey
g- criteria for evaluation
i dont know how to do this action plan please help me
thanks

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: childrens diploma

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:37 pm

http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/child ... ction-plan

this may help you a bit

perhaps read it and try doing it answers and post them on here for us to read through

Good Luck

Lorina

Re: childrens diploma

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi Phoniex,

Can you give me the module number for this assignment so I can edit the topic heading.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A