changes to diploma

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

changes to diploma

Post by rsvnyn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi

Anyone know about the changes in Diploma course in 2014. I heard that the course will have extra 10 units and that if we do not finish our diploma before April 2014, we need to enrol in these 10 extra units. :shock: Is it real? Is it in all the states/territories? If anyone can explain please!!!

Lorina

Re: changes to diploma

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:06 pm

See if any of the following information helps from this topic:

NEW Cert 3 & Diploma Qualifications To Be Introduced

:geek:,
L.A

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks Lorina for the information....i m somewhat clear...

law92
Helper
Helper

Post by law92 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:09 am

According to TAFE Qld, if you are already enrolled in the diploma, you have until December 2014 to finish it. If you don't finish it by this time, you will have to do bridging work to do the extra 10 units. I think from 2014 they won't be accepting enrolments for the old diploma as they are going to start teaching the new one.
Honestly, I don't see why they are adding an extra 10 units on to the diploma, which means that it will have 28 units in total. For an extra 4 units, you could have a teaching degree. It's just insane it will take so long now to get trained educators in the industry.

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:47 am

thanks Law92...i too thnk d same...instead of doing these many units and gaining a diploma one could easily opt 4 a teaching degree by only a few extra units...

Kellyt

Post by Kellyt » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:07 pm

law92 wrote:According to TAFE Qld, if you are already enrolled in the diploma, you have until December 2014 to finish it. If you don't finish it by this time, you will have to do bridging work to do the extra 10 units. I think from 2014 they won't be accepting enrolments for the old diploma as they are going to start teaching the new one.
Honestly, I don't see why they are adding an extra 10 units on to the diploma, which means that it will have 28 units in total. For an extra 4 units, you could have a teaching degree. It's just insane it will take so long now to get trained educators in the industry.

Hi, was reading this thread, and am wondering if you can advise which uni to go for. If 4 more units is all we need for a teaching degree, will you be able to go straight into one instead of the diploma?

Thanks.