Cert III -> Diploma

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
pfoley

Cert III -> Diploma

Post by pfoley » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 am

Hello, I am currently finishing up my Cert III in childcare and hope to have it all wrapped up in the coming weeks. My question is now though can one do the Diploma without having to start from the beginning again? Looking at the modules the latest diploma there is a fair bit of cross over especially in the Core Units.

Therefore, can one presume that TAFE will recognise that I have done those modules without having to waste time and effort to do them again? I looked at this last year and there was a way one could use the Cert as a stepping stone to the Diploma, in fact I thought the cert was a requirement for the diploma. This seems to have changed where by people are now encouraged to start with the diploma. It seems the cert will be disconintued in the future it seems. Just hope I have not wasted my time by doing the cert first. There are snipets of information about RPL and on the Cert III webpage it sayes
When you finish this course you may be eligible to do the Diploma of Children's
Services (Early Childhood Education and Care) with advanced standing.

"May" is the key word here. Now what this means in reality is not forth coming. Does it mean for example that one can go straight into the modules not covered in the cert?
I live in Sydney NSW and would be looking to do the Diploma in the evenings and weekends part time as I have done with my Cert. Does anyone have experience going down this route?

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cert III -> Diploma

Post by Macoola » Wed May 07, 2014 11:51 am

Hi Pfoley

You are right the Diploma has changed now it incorporates the Cert 3 so that's why there is no longer an entry requirement into the diploma. Tafe should recognise that you have done your Cert 3 and you will not have to do those units again. Just ring your local Tafe and see how they are arranging it, my local Tafe has two classes one for students who have done their Cert 3 and another for students who haven't.

Hope this helps

Macoola