Can I start my diploma without prac?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Bells13

Can I start my diploma without prac?

Post by Bells13 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me - Im looking at starting my diploma after completing my cert 3 over 3 yrs. I have a 5 year old who has just started at school this year and a 5 month old. My question is - can I at least start my diploma (open learning tafe/distance study) without doing prac? I'm not ready to put my 5 month old into childcare and don't have any babysitter but would like to get back into study n prepare for going back to work early next year. Any advice or experiences would b great. Thanks in advance :)

Bells13

Re: Can I start my diploma without prac?

Post by Bells13 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 am

Anyone?

Lorina

Re: Can I start my diploma without prac?

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:17 pm

I've been meaning to get to your question. My 4 month old has decided to go from 3 day sleep to 2 so I got my hands full! :giggle:

Formost of the Diploma it's just theory and some parts you need to do prac. This is because for some of the units you will need access to a centre to complete assignments as well as your teacher will want to assess you while you are on the job.

A cording you your personal situation I think you can hold off prac units until the end. I mean you can complete all the theorry units first then lastly focus on work placement. You will need to discuss this with the institute but I'm pretty sure that they can make the arrangement. There is no way of completing a diploma without prac but i think it's possible to postpone those particular unts to the end.

Remember just to confirm this before enrolling...

:geek: ,
L.A