Any suggestions for college/provider to do Diploma through?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Any suggestions for college/provider to do Diploma through?

Post by Steffelz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Hey guys,
Im just about finished my cert 3 and am looking into doing my diploma, but I want to find a decent place to do it through.
The place I did my Cert3 through was absolutely shocking and I got no support at all.
Does anyone have any suggestions, or recommendations for me? I am on the Gold Coast.
Also what are your thoughts on traineeship vs regular studying?

Thanks guys :)

GoldC

Re: Any suggestions for college/provider to do Diploma through?

Post by GoldC » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Steffelz,

What college did you do your Cert III from? I am looking at studying it and would like to choose a good one - I know there are some that have shocking reputations - centres wont look twice at you if you have studied through them!

Are u currently working in a centre? They might put you through an apprenticeship to get you your diploma (the government are paying incentives for this)? then you will get paid to learn.

I also think that some colleges are bridging the pay gap between the cert III and diploma so you could study it for free??

claudelle96

Post by claudelle96 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:38 pm

I did mine through HBA learning centres, they were fantastic. Very supportive very quick to mark my assignments.

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Steffelz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Thank you both, Im sorry for the late reply, I didn't get an email saying there was a reply.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:35 am

Did mine through BNIT (Brisbane North Institute of TAFE)... they were excellent, my tutor was amazing and even now when I email her to ask her stuff she is happy to help and its been a year since i've finished with them!
Prob best to go through TAFE as in QLD Diploma is subsidised ... $40/ unit so is much cheaper than going with a non TAFE provider