Anaphylaxsis Training

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
syakira
Helper
Helper

Anaphylaxsis Training

Post by syakira » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:36 am

Hi,

Just need to know if you have to update the Anaphylaxsis training every year ?

Thank you
Syakira

Lorina

Re: Anaphylaxsis

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi Syakira,

Ok, so I completed Anaphylaxis training in 2008. I just checked my certificate however it doesn't say when it expires. Last year I completed my re-training of the Senior First Aid course. In this I also covered Anaphylaxis training once again. My first aid certificate expires every three years. So, I think you should update this training when you are retaking the first aid course... I don't think every year is necessary...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi LA,

I just called the accredited first aid courses. Anaphylaxis and cpr needs to be updates every year. First aid is every three years.

Syakira

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Hmmm that's interesting... I don't understand why you will have to do CPR and anaphylaxis training every year when you learn this when doing first aid and that's valid for 3 years... Over the past 7 years I've only ever updated my first aid after 3 years which included both CPR and anaphylaxis. So this means, every year us Childcare workers have to get re-training for these 2 courses... I'm surprised to hear this.. I really didn't know.. Would you be able to provide some more information?

syakira
Helper
Helper

Re: Anaphylaxsis Training

Post by syakira » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:36 pm

The childcare centre that I'm going to, the Director says all certificates need to be updated. My lecturer also said the same thing, Cpr and anaphlaxis needs to be updates every year. I think it's different for every state. Maybe you should find out in your state.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:40 am

How often do I have to renew my first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma management qualifications?

The approved anaphylaxis management training and emergency asthma
management training required under regulation 136 of the Education and Care Services National Law must be updated at least every three years from the date of completion.

http://acecqa.gov.au/qualifications/app ... fications/

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 am

Hi,

This is an interesting topic. thanks to Lindy T for clarifying the information. My question is are we still required to update the CPR every year?

Thank you in advance
Syakira

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 am

With the above information in mind one would be forgiven in assuming that as long as it was done AT LEAST every 3 years as a minimum you would be fine.
Doing it more regularly would be a personal or policy decision within the Centre/Scheme you are in.

That's my take on it anyway.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:49 pm

I thought CPR and anaphylaxis training is included in first aid course that you renew every 3 years. Its new to me that they told you to renew it every year.