Socio cultural context

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mee

Socio cultural context

Post by mee » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Wht does it mean by 'socio cultural context of the serivice'.
How can I make farm animals relevant to the socio cultural context of a service?

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Socio cultural context

Post by LindyT » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Mee

In looking at the phrase you are trying to find meaning for
Wht does it mean by 'socio cultural context of the service'.

The Social and Cultural context of the service

How can I make farm animals relevant to the socio cultural context of a service?
What part of the community most uses that service? City Children look at Farm Animals differently to country children. Understand the Socio Culture and you will be able to fit Farm Animals appropriately into the experiences that you present in a social and culturally sensitive way.

Country children you could offer more in-depth aspect etc.

Keeping in mind that Cultural issues these days can also play a part as some cultures view farm animals differently.

Hope this helps

mee

Post by mee » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:15 pm

thanks\ you very much LindyT!
this is a city preschool. I have to plan 4 language experiences, relevant to socio cultral conntext of the service and the experience has to be of interest to the children.
I've picked farm animals because of the interest of the children. What do I say about the relevance socio cultural context of the service, linking it to farm animals?

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:34 am

Can you please give me the module number and the actual task please it is a requirement of posting questions.

http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/f ... -t552.html

I need to know how you would answer it and I can help you move forward. Who knows you might be right on the answer from the beginning! :D

This might help you (I googled Socio Cultural context in early childhood)http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... anning.pdf

mee

Post by mee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:37 pm

ok- sorry about that. This is the question:

CHCFC506A
YOu are required to plan a variety of experinces to support language development for children 3-5 years. THe experince must: Be revelanvt to the socio cultural context of the service
privide opportunities for children to interact-express ideas, ask questions, hypothesisse etc
be of intrest to the children
provide opportunities for hands on learning
be linked to the outcomes from the EYLF
The experince may include small group intentional teaching and/or small group expericnes that are primary child directed
1. Use your knowledge of the children,thier interests and your knowledge of what may interest children to plan an dimplement 4 experiecnes.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks for the website :)

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:06 pm

What do you have so far??

mee

Post by mee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:46 pm

I've picked the topic farm animals based n the interest of a couple of children who have visited a farm.
lesson 1: oral discussin with pictures
using sand paper letters to sound out the names of common animals like , horse, cow, dog.
lesson 2: mathiching picutrs of animals with words and singing old macdonald
lesson 3: story telling with models of animals in the barn
lesson 4: making a book of my favourite animal. children make booklet with help of teacher n an animal of thier choice. booklet has name of the animal, and children tell stry orally.

what do you think?

mee

Post by mee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 pm

thanks

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:33 pm

mee wrote:I've picked the topic farm animals based n the interest of a couple of children who have visited a farm.
lesson 1: oral discussin with pictures
using sand paper letters to sound out the names of common animals like , horse, cow, dog.
Just a though:
Are the sandpaper letters conducive to the children's learning:- Is this something they are already familiar with/used in your service? You want to be careful you are not piling too many new learning experiences on them at once.

Other than that it sounds great!

mee

Post by mee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Sorry I wasn't at the computer during chat.
THank you very much , I really appreciate your help and ideas, yes the sand is conductive as Iam at a Montesorri.
Thanks again