Social and Emotional Scenario

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
WarblerOn
Helper
Helper

Social and Emotional Scenario

Post by WarblerOn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECEO17 Holistic Development
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Scenario: William (7months) is crying on waking. The educator picks up William and takes him to the change table without speaking.

Skill Behvaiour; Identifying feelings in oneself and others

Educator Stragety: (What we need to answer)

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Educator Strategy:

I'm unsure if they want us to address the educator or just William. I thought I might just answer "You're okay William, you've had a nap and now you're getting your nappy changed," Maybe he's feeling tired still and forgetful of where he is? Maybe he misses his mother and needs some reasurrance that he has security here too with the routine?

(I'm really stuck on the response, I'm sure that's not the right response - that's why I need help)
Should I also address the other educator?
Let's pretend the educator name is Jess
Miss Jess William is crying, maybe he's still tired, and needs a big cuddle before getting his nappy changed after waking up from his nap?

Suggestions or changes as to what is more appropriate is most welcome! :)

Description and Message:
:angel: :thumbup: :| :?:

Lorina

Re: Social and Emotional Scenario

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:05 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response...

The only thing I'd suggest is to identify Williams feelings then add what you wrote. For e,g :William I an see you're feeling upset since you've woken up...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

WarblerOn
Helper
Helper

Re: Social and Emotional Scenario

Post by WarblerOn » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:16 pm

Thank you! Much appreciated, it does help. :thumbup: