Relationship & Cultural Value Between Physical Activity & Health

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rachaelpearl

Relationship & Cultural Value Between Physical Activity & Health

Post by rachaelpearl » Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 pm

hey guys i have a question im stuck on ...
how can educators support children and familes to understand the relationship between physical activity and health???

and give and example of a family or cultural value that may need consideration in relation to health and physical activity

thanks guys xx
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

rachaelpearl

Re: Relationship & Cultural Value Between Physical Activity & Health

Post by rachaelpearl » Sun May 06, 2012 12:58 pm

The place im studying with does not give me much information so if anyone could give me any websites that could help on foster physical development in early childhood that would be so great
thanks guys :)

rachaelpearl

Post by rachaelpearl » Sun May 06, 2012 1:16 pm

does this sound ok... in our centre we use the get up and grow program which encourages healthy eating and physical activity in early childhood parents are able to get information from this program as well as educators. Educators use this in their daily program. Let me no pretty please ..
just stuck on the second question :)

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Sun May 06, 2012 2:05 pm

HI Rachealpearl.
For your first question, your answer sounds fine, perhaps you could also add, that posters and other information on this program are displayed around the centre and hand-outs/pamphlets are given to families. Having a parent/family information session on this were all families are invited to come and find out more about it (maybe on an open day etc)?
Just some suggestions.
For your second question, if you were doing cooking for instance, as a a health activity, you may have to avoid using certain foods for certain religions (ie: no pig products like ham/bacon etc) for some religions. For physical activities you may need to be aware that certain cultures cover up neck to knee, so having a sports day where children are required to all wear shorts could be something to avoid.
Hope this helps
Cathie

rachaelpearl

Post by rachaelpearl » Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks so much for your help :)