OHS. Establish and Maintain a safe and healthy environment

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jennyjaz29

OHS. Establish and Maintain a safe and healthy environment

Post by Jennyjaz29 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi, I am a student in Early Childhood Studies at evening clases. I have a question that may be as easier as holding a pen, but I am complicated. I cannot find the answer anywhere in ncac or other website. can you help me?

Imagine you are the director of a long day care service. You are working towards accreditation later in the year and have noticed a few hygiene concerns in the work team:
* staff in the baby room are not always wearing gloves when they change nappies and do not wash their hands in between nappy changes.
* children in the preschool room are not encouraged to wash their hands before meals.
When you study the accident and illness reports for the year you note there have been seven cases of gastroenteritis in the toddler room already this year.
What parts of the Quality Assurance documents does your team need to work on improving?

I will appreciate your input in this question very much. Thank you.

Jennyjaz29

Re: OHS. Establish and Maintain a safe and healthy environme

Post by Jennyjaz29 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:00 am

I have had already looked into this question in the Quality Assurance website. I do thank you for your previous response in my assignments. I have so much to do, it's getting me bananas, ha ha ha and specially that I can only study at night. My daughter is 5 and is full on. Cheers.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Hey Jenny,

OMG…it was soooo hard to get out of bed and back into work this morning :o … Although I did have a great day today, except for the FREEZING COLD weather and it’s not even winter yet…

Happy to hear you got this question sorted. The Quality Assurance website is a great tool in which we have access to and most of the time we can find out the information we want…I appreciate you coming back and updating us on how you figured out the question … This will help out other fellow students who may be stuck on the same assignment.

Gosh you’re studying and raising a daughter… you go girl :mrgreen: !! You got your work cut out for you but DON’T WORRY…I’m sure you will be able to handle it!

Also I noticed that you posted two topics under the same subject heading BUT both are different questions. That’s why our team missed this topic assuming it’s probably a duplicate. Just a tip – when you are posting different topics, just make sure you have different subject headings for each topic.

Well you have a good night and keep going with the studying. I know sometimes it can be real tough but it’s all worth it in the end!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Jennyjaz29

Post by Jennyjaz29 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks L.A. It is for sure the weather is changing so much over the years. I don't know if I am getting older or it's the reason of Global Warming anymore, ha ha ha, but obviously its getting very cold now. You are right it's not even winter, and I wrapped myself in blankets till the neck up.

I will follow your advise and specify better in my titles of what sort of subject to put in. It does look repetitive. Sorry.

I am studying hard believe that. I'll go to any possible website I can find to sort out my work, but this site it's great to when you are completely lost in some subjects. I won't say bye, so I'll say "Keep in touch". Chao.