Nurture Cluster

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
fateeema

Nurture Cluster

Post by fateeema » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm only just getting back into the habit of doing assignment and i'm finding it very hard. Can someone please help me with my first assigment
this is what i have answered so far
Task 1. Settling babies and toddlers in to care - Bianca
Read through the information on Bianca’s enrolment form and then answer the questions below.
Natalia is concerned about how Bianca will settle into care and would like to have confidence in the service. She worries:
I. Will the educators know how to read Bianca’s cues and respond to her needs?
II. Will the staff know when Bianca is tired or hungry or just in need of a cuddle?
III. Will the staff know what to do if Bianca cries after being dropped off?
IV. How will the educators communicate with me when I call and inquire about the children?”

1. Identify strategies to address each of the four concerns above:
Concerns Strategies
I. Will the educators know how to read her cues and respond to her needs?

II. Will the staff know when she is tired or hungry or just in need of a cuddle?

III. Will the staff know what to do if Bianca cries after being dropped off?

IV. How will the educators communicate with me when I call and inquire about the children?”

The only occasion when Natalia has left Bianca with another person was when a neighbour offered to babysit. Bianca screamed for 30 minutes but settled eventually when given her dummy and a cuddle.
2. A) List strategies to help Bianca settle in to care in your service before starting (3) and on her first day (3)- (6 in total):
Prior to Bianca starting On Bianca’s first day
I. Get her use to the child care daily routine by providing her family with a copy I. Let the carer take charge as it gives the child time to get use to the new face and voice.
II. Find out her main carer or educator and provide her family with a photo II. Ensure her family brings in a comfort toy for her to cuddle to link home and the service together.
III. Get her to know the child care setting by encouraging her family to come in for short visits III. Ensure that Bianca is given a quick hug and an upbeat goodbye to make it an easier transition by showing her that her family is promoting a positive attitude in regard to the service

B) List 3 quality standards from the National Quality Framework which relate to settling a child in to care. Provide the Standard, Element and Wording.
Standard Element Wording
E.g.: Standard 6.1 Element 6.1.3 Current information about the service is available to families.
I.

II.

III.

3. Using the information provided on the enrolment form, describe how you will develop a nurturing relationship with Bianca to support her physical, social and emotional needs. List the strategies using the headings in the table below:
Area Strategies to develop a nurturing relationship with Bianca
I. Staffing and allocation of staff
II. The physical environment
III. Family involvement
IV. Supportive routines
V. Communication with the family

Chickenparmylover789

Re: Nurture Cluster

Post by Chickenparmylover789 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Did you get help for question 3?