Legalation and Ethical Requirement Policy

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Gamze

Legalation and Ethical Requirement Policy

Post by Gamze » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:33 am

Hi Everyone

I live in Melbourne and I have been stuck on one of the questions for a couple of weeks now.

Can anyone tell me what the Legal and Ethical Requirement Policies Name: I just can't figure out the actual name. I have research on the internet for a couple of times but can not get the right answer

This is my questions:
Point 36.
a) Now that you have answered the questions above, identify two potential work practice improvements to enhance workplace responsiveness to legal and ethical requirements.
b) Give a brief overview of the discussion you had with your Workplace supervisor regarding these suggestions and state the policies that would need updating if the service were to take on board your suggestions.

and this is my answers
a) 1.Legal work practice improvement:
We need to fill out the administration medical form so we can admin the medication to the children.

2. Ethical work practice improvement:
If the parent doesn't want the child to go outside, we need to find out the reason first and discuss with the parents what we can do for the child. if the parent says to me the reason then we can tell the parent that we can take the child out for the only couple of minutes if the parent is happy with that then we can do that.

b) Discussion with WP Supervisor:

when I had a discussion with the wp supervisor she said that we need to follow the policy, we have to tell the parent's to fill out the administration form ( if the child needs medication during the day) if the parent doesn't sign then we not able to give the medication to the child and this is legislation to follow the policy that is required. and for the ethical, if a parent doesn't what his or her child go outside we have to find out the reason and work around that.

c) Policies: ( I am not 100 per cent sure but if not correct can anyone tell me)
1. Law ( for legislation requirement)
2. Quality Standards ( for ethical requirement)