Learning Domains In Coaching

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kirsty1900

Learning Domains In Coaching

Post by kirsty1900 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:38 am

hi, I am struggling with this question and have resubmitted twice. Where am I going wrong please. The assessor has marked it wrong as follows

For part c/ you are looking at the learning domains - for example the first one is `coaching is not telling`. can you explain this domain and identify the other two? Please refer to the learner guide here :)

The question is

c) Identify and briefly explain the three (3) learning domains in coaching.

MY Answers WERE:

Domain Explanation

Cognitive Underpins the classical knowledge, attitude, skills, structure of learning method and evaluation.
The Blooms taxonomy model is in three parts or overlapping domains and are listed here:

Cognitive : meaning intellectual capability ie. Knowledge or think and how mental skills are used

Affective The Affective domain is about feelings emotions, and behaviour i.e about attitudes and feelings.
This domain is about identifying, understanding and addressing how people learn

Psychomotor domains And the psychomotor domain is about manual and physical skills and movement and co-ordination and use of
the motor skill areas. i.e. copy, follow, develop precision,. Development of these skills require practice and
is measured in terms of speed, precision distance , procedures or techniques in execution.

Lorina

Re: Learning Domains In Coaching

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm not too sure why you got marked wrong for this because I am coming up with the same information:

Domains In Coaching

The questions says to "refer to your learner guide", can you find any imformation there?

:geek:,
Lorina

kirsty1900

Post by kirsty1900 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:05 pm

As this was an upgraded workbook there is no learner guide on it, even though it states it. I have emailed the Company but that takes 48 hours for a response, so struggling to move forward with this. Their answer remains as before:(, thanks anyway

DebbieArulanandham

Post by DebbieArulanandham » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi, this was what I thought it was. Not sure you can check.
I have input the domain and the explanation next to it.

Knowledge - Knowledge refers to the cognitive activity of the brain – the ability to process, remember and understand. It is called the Cognitive Domain. To explain a knowledge outcome, coaches use words including: explain, list, describe and analyse;

Skill Skills refer to the ability to physically perform tasks. This includes abilities such as hand-eye co-ordination and physical dexterity of movement. It is called the Psycho-Motor Domain of the brain. To explain a skill outcome, coaches use words including: demonstrate; or specific verbs such a: lift, move, operate, and drive.

Attitude Attitude is a way of feeling or acting toward a person, thing or situation.
To help improve negative attitude in staff, be specific in describing the behaviour. If you talk generally that the employee is moody, that will not help with the situation at all. Go about in neutral terms pointing out missed deadlines, unanswered messages etc. Do not only believe what others have told you, observe the behaviour yourself. Tell the employee the time and date of when the behaviour occurred and how it is against the company’s code of conduct. After you have encountered the employee about these events, you need to talk to the employee. Discuss the problem with him and make him agree that there exists an issue. If the employee gets defensive throughout, it means he doesn’t agree that there is an issue. Talk in factual terms to make him understand. If he agrees to you, that means he is ready to work on the behaviour and ready for coaching.

I am just answering the question so I don't know if mine will return as unsatisfactory. But I sill thought I should share.

Have a blessed day.
Debbie