HLTHIR403B - Definition Of Equality, Bias, Discrimination & Stereotyping

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jenandtori

HLTHIR403B - Definition Of Equality, Bias, Discrimination & Stereotyping

Post by jenandtori » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Provide a definition and example of the sort of behaviour you might see in children's services which demonstrates these terms?
I am having trouble with finding a good definition and examples in children's services, can anyone help me please?
The terms are
-Equality
-Bias
-Discrimination
-Stereotyping
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

kessie

Re: HLTHIR403B - Definition Of Equality, Bias, Discrimination & Stereotyping

Post by kessie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi there,

Here you can look for situations that have happened at your centre (or make up possible scenerios) that show you demostrate these and how. For example on equality the children in my group were acting out a play and thought that only boys could be the prince so we had a discussion on how this role could fit either gender as it's acting. Or you may discuss with the children so they understnad that girls can be doctors and boys can be nurses. This would be stereotyping. So just give an example (or as I said make one up) of how you have (or how you would) deal with these situations to give the children an understanding. For a defination I would just google this.

Hope this helps you.

Harmony
Participator
Participator

Post by Harmony » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi I am a little confused on this question,
10. What is equal employment opportunity and what are the implications for work and social practices?
I wrote: Equal employment opportunity is ensuring that all employess have equal access to the opportunities that are available at workk by making sure that workplaces are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.

I am unsure as to what to write for implications for social practices?
Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Harmony,

Are you still having troubles with the second part of this question?

I had a look at a childcare union which provides details on equal employment opportunities such as pay and conditions, harassment, OH&S and entitlements. Maybe you include a couple of these topics as part of your response for implications of work and social practices...

Here is the link: http://unitedvoice.org.au/rights-and-awards

Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Harmony
Participator
Participator

Post by Harmony » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:18 pm

I appreciate your help, thanks :)