Ensuring Bedding Is Clean and Hygiene Is Used

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MiaaLee

Ensuring Bedding Is Clean and Hygiene Is Used

Post by MiaaLee » Fri May 20, 2016 6:29 pm

As I've never worked in a Childcare service before I was just wondering what procedures they have to ensure bedding us clean and appropriate hygiene are used?

My answer is;
- wash them after ever use
And then that's all the information in my booklet but I feel doesn't answer the question

Lorina

Re: Providing care for babies and toddlers

Post by Lorina » Sat May 21, 2016 12:30 pm

Sorry, are you talking about bedding and how to keep it clean?

:geek:,
Lorina

MiaaLee

Re: Providing care for babies and toddlers

Post by MiaaLee » Sat May 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Yes I am, just like what are the procedures they have to keeping bedding clean and hygienic practise?

Lorina

Re: Ensuring Bedding Is Clean and Hygiene Is Used

Post by Lorina » Sun May 22, 2016 11:15 am

I got some info on this for you...
Rest mats Cleaning and Storage:

- preferably parents should bring individual child’s bedding (mats and covers) each day,
- if vinyl sided mats or their covers are soiled, clean with neutral detergent and water
- wash covers routinely, at least once a week
- vinyl sided mats stored in the centre should be routinely cleaned, at least once a week, with neutral detergent and water if soiled,
- if cloth surfaces are soiled, wash with neutral detergent and water.
- store mats so that the clean surfaces are not contaminated with unclean surfaces
- preferably send individual child’s linen,mattress and rest mat covers home with the family for washing each day
- ensure all bedding, used by the child or staff member are washed and dried in the sun, or give the child’s clothes to the family to wash.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Juliii

Re: Ensuring Bedding Is Clean and Hygiene Is Used

Post by Juliii » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:36 pm

To combat the spread of infection, early years managers must ensure that the environment is kept clean. All staff have a responsibility to help keep the premises clean and tidy and to identify areas that fall below acceptable or safe standards.
identifying and excluding sick children and staff; and
• promoting and maintaining records of children’s and staff’s immunisation.
The Service has a duty of care to ensure that all people are provided with a high level
Cleaning is an important part of infection control in the Centre. Cleaning in itself is a form of disinfecting as it
removes all surface dirt. Thorough cleaning reduces contamination to such a degree that it significantly lowers
the threat of contracting diseases. It is therefore important that the centre is clean at all times. Colour coded
cloths should be adhered to help prevent any risk of cross contamination i.e. toilet cloth not used in the kitchen
Child care also varies on the how you protect them from weather you can read the following blog to necessary bedding for winter
https://www.elanlinen.com.au/blog/what- ... n-winters/