Determining & Monitoring Language Difficulty

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Anna

Determining & Monitoring Language Difficulty

Post by Anna » Sun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm

hi could i have any ideas of special language need that i could do as i need to specify the language difficulty.
a) list what has lead you do determine this
b) how will you monitor and plan for this child?
c)how will you determine if the child's language development is meeting expected levels?

Anwer- that I'm working on is Bilingual speech delay as children who speak a main language at home but do not speak another language as this results in speech delay at day care , age of child 3 yrs .
I have determined this by the way the child sits back and watches other children and doesn't join in play with their peers.
also when he/she is spoken to by the educator can not comprehend what they are saying and points to things.
b. i would monitor by taking observations even tho he doesn't communicate with peers and or educators and is a loner does not mean that at home he s quiet. I would observe when he gets picked up by parents and what type of interaction i see is happening.Even tho i cannot not understand the language i will by the enthusiasm the child has with his parents and the body language.

c) now this i am stuck on as don't know how to go about it also do the ones make sense or am i blabbering or should i choose another language difficulty .
thanks any feed back will be appreciated
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Determining & Monitoring Language Difficulty

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun May 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Using a bilingual child as a language development delay is fine.

I found this and info in here may help you with your answers on a bilingual child: http://www.learninglinks.org.au/pdf/inf ... ualism.pdf

Anna

Re: Determining & Monitoring Language Difficulty

Post by Anna » Mon May 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you for someone getting back to me lol
I ended up doing Expressive language disorder and have submitted so hopefully it comes back good :)
I appreciate your feedback thank- you once again.