CHCRF511A - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
elka

CHCRF511A - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children

Post by elka » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me with this one please..

"Access to affordable care and education for children below compulsary school age in Australia is rated amongst the lowest in the world for all developed countries. This task requires you to think laterally and draw on your knowledge of social justice and equity issues.

What are the factors that have contributed to, and continue to contribute to, the above situation?"

I'm not too sure on this one, I would guess it has something to do with employment changes and socio-ecomomic status but I'm not sure what else..

Thanks

Lorina

Re: CHCRF511A - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Found a document which provides you with details on the state of child care in Australia. It provides information on access of care, cost of care, funding, quality services etc.

Link: http://www.mychild.gov.au/documents/doc ... areaus.pdf

Hopefully this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

elka

Re: CHCRF511A - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children

Post by elka » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks so much LA.
I ended up answering the question before I read your response, but I generally wrote about the increased cost of living, changes in funding, changes to staffing ratios and qualification requirements which ultimately leads to an increase in the cost of care, etc..
Thanks so much for your help.