CHCRF511A - Scenario: Care Practices With Laura

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Reshmi8

CHCRF511A - Scenario: Care Practices With Laura

Post by Reshmi8 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:26 pm

hi, am stuck in scenarios, please help me..thank you!!!!

You are the trained caregiver in the 3-5 year room. Laura has recently enrolled her daughter Sophie (4 years). Over the past week several of the children have told you that Sophie has taken things that they brought from home and put them in her bag. When you checked Sophie's bag, you discovered that she had some of the other children's possessions. When you asked Sophie about this, she said that they were her things. you set up an interview with Laura to discuss Sophie's behaviour. During the interview Lawra says that Sophie's father is away often on business and when he returns, he 'spoils' her by giving her anything she asks for.

Question
1) Write out the interview and then role play (with another student) and identify how you would reach an agreement with Laura about care practise?
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Reshmi8

Re: CHCRF511A - Scenario: Care Practices With Laura

Post by Reshmi8 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 am

pliz sumbody help wid this question...thanx

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Scenarios

Post by LindyT » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 pm

When posting a new topic asking for help with an assignment question, the topic name (Subject heading) must have the following format –

“{MODULE NUMBER} – {ASSIGNMENT QUESTION}”

Also please post what you have got so far.

Reshmi8

Post by Reshmi8 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:20 pm

hi LindyT,

Thank you for letting me now what i should write on the wall.

Topic name - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children (CHCRF511A)

I tried to attempt this question but i need more help please (interview and role play)...I am very poor in scenarios...thank you

Firstly i have to talk to sophie, whats her problems is and things she bring from home and what are are the things which she taken from other children's possessions and then i have to call her parents talking about her behavior (what she is doing in the school hours)

Regards
Resh

Reshmi8

Post by Reshmi8 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:04 pm

come on guys help me pliz:)

Lorina

Re: CHCRF511A - Scenarios

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi Reshmi,

First of read the forum rules for asking assignment questions. Even though you are wanting help so far you've been told on two occasions on the proper way of asking assignment questions. 1) Posting your own response to the question and 2) Providing module number for this assignment. I'm sorry but I'm tired of having to repeat the same thing over and over again to students so please read the forum rules first. (the links are at the top of this page)
come on guys help me pliz:)

Reshmi, please understand that those of us who contribute to this forum, volunteer in our own spare time. We all work full-time and no one gets paid for posting here. There is no need to keep asking for help since you only posted your answer yesterday. For assignment questions please wait up to 2-3 days for a response.

Anyways, with your response have a think about why Sophie is taking toys from others, Her mum Laura already mentioned that Sophie's dad is currently away. This can be having an affect on Sophie causing her to take toys from other children. When talking to Sophie , maybe you could ask Sophie some questions about her dad and what he buys her. You could also mention that the other children's parents buy them toys and if the toys get lost then the child will be really upset. You can relate this back to Sophie by asking how she would feel if something she loved playing with was taken or lost. You have to let Sophie know that what she is doing is not right and it really makes the other children sad when their toys go missing. With Laura maybe you could suggest that she talk to Sophie as well about taking other children's things and basically just relay the conversation you had with Sophie.

Hopefully this should give you something to think about. Once you have written the interview needed for this assignment post it up and I'll have a read through it for you.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A