CHCPR614C - Influencing Interactions * Communicating Findings Of Observations

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
miss.educator

CHCPR614C - Influencing Interactions * Communicating Findings Of Observations

Post by miss.educator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Guys

I'm a lil bit stuck on this unit and cant seem to get my head in the game!
could you guys please help me understand the following questions.
1.) How does the observer influence interactions and behaviours

And

2.) how do you communicate your findings from oberservations and interpretations to parents/families (is this through take home books, the childs port folio and day to day discussions???!?)
thanks girls
mwa x
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

miss.educator

Re: CHCPR614C

Post by miss.educator » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:02 pm

So no one can help me?!?

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCPR614C - Influencing Interactions * Communicating Findings Of Observations

Post by cathiek » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:56 pm

HI there
For question one, how does the observer influence interactions and behaviours - each educator/observer bring their own values with them, so if you as an educator like things quiet and orderly, when you comment on the chn's interactions and behaviours you naturally influence them. For instance: please make sure you talk quietly inside means the children will only talk in quiet voices (if they are listening to you that is!) Same for behaviours, if you believe rough play is just chn being exuberant, you may not stop rough play before it becomes dangerous. therefore your values influence how the chn interact/behave.
Communication from findings may be through learning stories/portfolios/communication books/face to face conversations/phone calls. Really depends on the circumstances.
Hope this helps
Cathiek

miss.educator

Re: CHCPR614C - Influencing Interactions * Communicating Findings Of Observations

Post by miss.educator » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks Cathiek x