CHCPR510B - Social, Economic, Cultural Context Of Families Within The Service

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bbean

CHCPR510B - Social, Economic, Cultural Context Of Families Within The Service

Post by bbean » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR510B- Design, implement and evaluate programs and care routines for children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
My assignment question is: Provide details about the background of the families that you provide programs for. you will need to discuss the social,economic,cultural context as well as if there are children or families with additional needs. after you provide this overview, discuss how your programs and routines cater for children's individual identities to be represented.
My question is: What would be the best way to answer this?
Where will i be able to find the answers to the families' social,economic and cultural context of each family at the service?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
So far i have gathered each families cultural background information, i have identified the children/families with additional needs.

Description and Message:
That is all i have for the answer so far as I am getting stuck on the rest of it.
If someone could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic thanks heaps.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCPR510B - Social, Economic, Cultural Context Of Families Within The Service

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:27 am

How about you create a questionnaire and give it to the families within your service. You could say that the information gathered will be used to cater to children's individual learning programs (you could pass on this information to the room leaders for their program development as well). On the questionnaire you could ask questions such as what their family background is, traditions they celebrate at home, parents profession (to determine economics), etc.

Hope this gives you some ideas,

:geek:,
L.A

bbean

Re: CHCPR510B - Social, Economic, Cultural Context Of Families Within The Service

Post by bbean » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:34 am

thanks heaps.
That makes more sense to me now.