CHCPR510A - Personal Philosophy On Children’s Development & Learning

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ja9uar

CHCPR510A - Personal Philosophy On Children’s Development & Learning

Post by ja9uar » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:03 pm

hi everyone, im wondering if someone just can give me some advice to this one. Not sure how to start this not sure how will istart my sentence... Feel like it's just too much...

thankz for the support :)

In approximately 500 words, develop your own personal philosophy on children’s development and learning. Relate your philosophy to current trends and theories, as this philosophy should guide your actions as an early childhood educator.
You may consider:
I. Children
II. Families
III. Programs
IV. Community
V. Service
VI. Staff
Research used to support your statements must be referenced.

thank you

raqui
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCPR510A - Personal Philosophy On Children’s Development & Learning

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Raqui,

Honestly speaking it is difficult to start writing your own personal philosophy. A good way to think of it is by writing down some of your beliefs regarding children's development and learning. I know it's easier said then done but it may take a few attempts before you are satisfied with what you have wrote. Have a look at Understanding the EYLF, which is found in the resource section on this site and read through each of the Learning Outcomes. Take a look at some of the language that is used and apply it to your own personal philosophy.

For example you could start with something like this:

1) I believe that each child is an individual and as an educator I will value and develop each child's strengths, interests, skills, abilities and knowledge to extend their learning.

2) I believe that children learn through play. I will provides opportunities for children to explore, discover, create and imagine.

3) I believe in cultural diversity. I will celebrates the benefits of diversity with each individual child and enable them to understand and acknowledge differences.

I just took some of the information from the article I suggested above on the EYLF and re-worded it.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of where to begin... I would love to read what your personal philosophy is so once you complete it, post it up so I can have a read through it and let you know if you can add anything more.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

ja9uar

Post by ja9uar » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:41 am

hi L.A

thankz after reading your reply i am motivated to start my assignment and will try to finish this module

i have copy of BELONGING BEING AND BECOMING (EYLF)

thank you thank you again...

thankz for the support and info :)

raqui

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:35 am

No worries Raqui, happy to help!

Cheers :geek: ,
L.A