CHCPR502D - Ways to encourage Children in Activities

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
grumpy.k82

CHCPR502D - Ways to encourage Children in Activities

Post by grumpy.k82 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 pm

chcpr502d organise experiences to facilitate and enchance childrens develpment

i need to come up with four ways i could engage children in activities?

i thought that i could encourage them to join in but not sure if i on the right track any help would be appreicated
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic Heading Edited.

Sally123

Re: chcpr502d - Ways to encourage Children in Activities

Post by Sally123 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:31 pm

I am going way off the subject but just I have to say coooooooooool user name.
LOL :lol:

syakira
Helper
Helper

Re: chcpr502d - Ways to encourage Children in Activities

Post by syakira » Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 am

I am currently doing my work experience at a childcare centre. I really enjoy it.

First of all, you, the educator should set up the activity and make it aesthetically pleasing for children. Encourage children to participate by modelling pretend play. Often children, who have English as a second language, lack the skills to play. Children love pretend play. Play such as animals creatures set up on the table or dinosaurs set up as well. Initially you need to play with children to show them, then later on they can play amongst themselves. I did this last week with two children. They loved it and learnt how to communicate through play and having fun. Yesterday, I observed them and found they can play on their own.

Yesterday in the sandpit, I played with the children. First we made biscuits, then birthday cakes, we sang Happy birthday together. Got the child to pretend to blow out the candles. Soon, there were 3 other kids that joined in.

you need to set up the play spaces, such as home corner, Dramatic play, puzzles table, book corner, etc. Make it interesting for children.

You can use music and dance. Or borrow books from the library about themes in childcare.

hope this helps

Look at the needs and the interests of the children.